So I saw this idea floating around at the end of last year. Based on the ITV programme in which members of the public state what they want to achieve by that time in a year, it has also appeared in the blogging world. So I thought that there is no better time than the 1st of January to tell all you lovely readers what 10 things I would like to achieve during the next 365 days.
- To be pleased with how 2017 went – Like most people, at the end of the year I get reflective. And most years I seem a bit miffed about how the year went for me. For personal reasons, I found 2016 pretty hard, particularly the last few months. I hope that this time in a year I’m feeling a bit better about the year that has just passed.
- To be a more positive person – Kinda linked to the above one I guess. I need to make sure I’m noticing all the good things that are just happening rather than focussing on the negative. I think my brain needs re-wiring as I’m a glass half empty kinda gal. I’ve got my Happiness Planner through 2017 to help with this and really hope I’m a much more positive person by the end of the year.
- To make this blog a success – I only started this blog back in October so it is still early doors, but I would like to look back at 2017 as the year my blog began to take off. I’m pleased with how well it is going so far, and whilst I don’t get to post as much as I would like to, I’m determined to put as much as I can into this blog throughout this next year.
- To grow my Instagram following and interaction – I’ve loved Instagram from the day I downloaded the app a few years ago and nothing has changed since. Over the past few months I’ve really tried to pick up my game and it seems to be working well so far. I want to up my photography game and connect with as many like-minded people as possible throughout 2017. Hopefully by the end of 2017 I’ll have plenty more followers and interaction.
- To start a family – I got married in 2016 and in 2017 I would love to start a family. Nothing more to say really, will just have to see what 2017 brings!
- To get into reading – I have so many amazing books that I haven’t got round to reading, so I really hope that in 2017 I can find the time to read them. I’d like to mix up fiction and non-fiction and read them on my Kindle as well as hard copies. You can expect lots of reviews throughout this year.
- To become more organised – Again I’m hoping The Happiness Planner will help me to become a more organised person. It seems like a really in-depth planner and the best I’ve tried so far. I think this is aim is the key to the rest of the list because if I’m more organised I can use my time more wisely and achieve as much as I can.
- To be more tidy – I have improved so much with this since being a messy teenager but I would love to become a more tidy person! Both at work and at home I can often be surrounded by clutter and I just really need to keep on top of everything. Tidy desk, tidy mind and all that, I think it would do me the world of good.
- To live life more and live out of my comfort zone – Some things that have happened recently have shown me that I really need to live life to the fullest more. I need to take more risks and push myself to do things that scare me a little to really live my life. Here’s hoping by the end of 2017 I can say I did this.
- To stop comparing myself and my life to others’ – I’ve been working on this for as long as I can remember, and whilst I feel I have improved somewhat, I still have a long way to go. I can definitely relate to Steve Furtick’s quote:” The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else’s highlight reel“. I think we all have a habit of doing this, especially with all of the social media we are surrounded by. I’m also a bit age obsessed and think certain things should happen by certain ages. This is plain daft and everyone does things at different times in their lives, and often in a different order. This shouldn’t be seen as a problem, it’s just how life rolls. I just need to let go.
So these are the things I want to have happened by this time in a year. Have you got anything you’d like to achieve this year? Let me know in the comments below, or why not write your own post! I would love to read it!
Until next time…